Saturday 8 December 2018

The Hawthorns of Hawthorn Bay.

Hello! It has been quite a long time since my last post.  I can't quite believe it's just over 2 years!

Even though I haven't been posting I've still been thinking of Hawthorn Bay & Sylvanian Families, I just haven't had much time or energy to take photographs & update here.  My health hasn't been so great, I have ME/CFS (myalgic encephalomyelitis) & my ME/CFS symptoms have been a lot worse, especially in the last year + we have a new family member (Lily, the grey cat in this post ) who moved in almost a year ago, so now I share a home with 3 cats (as well as lots of small toy ones).

I wanted to update here as I had a very special arrival yesterday.  The Hawthorn/White Mouse family finally came to Hawthorn Bay along with the Ride Along Tram set & I'm so thrilled.  The tram set was a must have because it reminded me of the trams in San Francisco & the Hawthorn mice were always in my head as the original settlers of Hawthorn Bay, so it would make sense that they still have descendants living there.  I haven't opened the tram set yet, but I'm excited to later this weekend.


I already had a Hawthorn mouse baby before the rest of the family arrived.  Someone bought the Hawthorn baby for me from a small toy shop in Brecon in Wales while I was visiting there at the start of this year, & I'm glad the baby has a family to join now.

If you're wondering why there's a Maple cat in the photo too - the Maple cat family is on the way to me, & the baby is eagerly awaiting the rest of their family.



My Hawthorn mice are going to be keeping their original surname, & are named:
Ambrose, father, after author Ambrose Bierce
Isadora, mother, after dancer Isodora Duncan
Dorothea, daughter, after photographer Dorothea Lange
Ansel, son, after photographer Ansel Adams
& Harvey, baby, after politician & gay rights activist Harvey Milk

All are named after people I find interesting who have a connection with San Francisco & either were born, lived or died there.



I haven't had many new families arrive in the last 2 years, but there have been some additions, so I'll try & take some photographs & update more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment