Sunday 9 December 2018

Baby shower

I've been taking stock of my families recently, & yesterday gathered up all of my Sylvanian babies for a quick photo.  I found I had 18, which was more than I realised I had.  Eight of them  (Hawthorn mouse, Maple cat, 2 Outback koalas & the 4 Secret Fairy Tree babies) are relatively new arrivals & all arrived earlier this year which I guess is why I lost track of how many I have.

My babys are: 2 Silk cats, 1 Maple cat, 1 Thistlethorn mouse, 1 Hawthorn mouse, 1 Fielding mouse, 2 Snow-Warren rabbits, 1 Wildwood rabbit, 1 Chocolate rabbit, 2 Outback koalas, 1 Dale sheep, 1 Neptune sea otter, 1 Buckley deer, 1 Trunk elephant, 1 Cakebread toy poodle, & 1 Waddlington duck. 

As with the rest of my figures collection, the cats, mice & rabbits make up just over half of them.  The Silk cats, Fielding mouse, Chocolate rabbit & Waddlington duck don't have families & I'm not planning to add those families to my collection/Hawthorn Bay so I'll have to see what families I can fit them into as adopted kids, wards, etc.


Secret Fairy Tree babies (from left to right): Fielding mouse (mushroom), Buckley deer (strawberry), Chocolate Rabbit (ladybird), & Silk cat (butterfly).  Ugh, the cute!


I don't think I'd had any new family arrivals since the Bramble hedgehogs & Cakebread toy poodles in 2016 (not counting the babies & any other small sets with figures), but this April I added the Outback koalas to my famlies.

I've been thinking about getting the Outback koalas for a while now & it was so nice to have a new family + they bought the Maple cat baby with them from Japan & planted the seed for me to get the rest of that family.

I've been trying to think of names for the Outbacks this weekend, & need to take some photos & make a proper introduction soon.  I've had them for months & not even deboxed them yet!

3 comments:

  1. Sylvanians do have a habit of accumulating faster than you think, don't they? Oh dear, that baby mushroom mouse is just SO cute, I love it!
    I want the Outback koalas too (being Australian ourselves, we sort of feel like our village should have some Australian animal representatives!). I don't have them yet, but have already been choosing their names! :D (Not keen on most of the official names for this family)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pika!

    That's a lot of adorable babies, love the Secret Fairy Tree ones! They look the cutest in their costumes. I hope the poor orphans find new homes soon!
    The Outbacks are a very nice family, I want to get them myself at some point too!

    Looking forward to their introduction post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are cute! I still have to think of a perfect gift for my best friend. She is going to have a baby next month and I have booked her favorite event venue for her baby shower. I am thinking of adding some nice games as well to the day.

    ReplyDelete